CmDO (pronounced “commando”) is a tool that makes it easier to build other tools. It selectively exposes Python modules and functions as a complete command line interface.
- Includes the very useful ArDO command line archive manager, a lightweight and ultra-simple local backup tool.
- Find modules in standard locations, based on main program name.
- Discover public functions using assigned decorators.
- Convert discovered modules and functions to a command line syntax.
- Validate and interpret function arguments based on decorator type specifications.
- Resolve CmDO module dependencies on demand.
- Extract documentation from decorators and documentation modules.
- Format documentation in pretty text, HTML, XML, or custom format
- Present documentation in terminal, browser or other viewer.
- Provide simple bash completion.
- Generate curses and graphical user interfaces based on meta-data in decorators.
- Adopt more standards for documentation input and output formats and add more formatting options.
- We’re very open to suggestions.